A deep dive training day exploring the potential Spheros offer computing lessons.
This day long event has been created to ensure all participants develop confidence and ideas to support computing lessons for KS 1, 2 and 3 using this versatile, fun programmable robot.
The course will be lead by Oscar Stringer who has spent the summer of 2021 working with the RAF, training teams of facilitators around the UK to incorporate Spheros into their STEM learning events.
Oscar has been working with creative technology in schools for over twenty years. He currently works part-time as a facilitator at the Apple iOS Academy in Naples facilitating a series of workshops on collaboration, creativity and communication.
Ideas For Exciting Computing Lessons Using Spheros
Discover how the Sphero supports coding and computational thinking in classrooms.
Learn new skills, develop confidence and train with other teachers.
This course is for anyone working in KS1, 2 and 3 who wants to discover how the Sphero family of robots supports coding and computational thinking in class.
- Work through six different challenges using Spheros that cover key concepts of coding; Algorithms, loops, functions and more.
- Spend time playing, discovering and developing an awareness of how the Sphero supports teachers with coding ideas.
- Use the Sphero to create problem solving challenges with your students.
- Use resources to sustain the teaching and exploring of coding with Spheros in class.
- Develop confidence using Spheros to create magical IT lessons, that will make coding relevant and interesting
To give teachers time to develop confidence, through a series of hands on activities, using the Sphero to explore coding principles with their own device; iPad, Chrome Book or Laptop.
Practice and Develop
- Sphero Draw/Direction
- Sphero Letters & Maths Shapes
- Sphero Storytelling using lights and sound
- Sphero Maps and Mazes
- Sphero Dances
- Sphero Battles
Discover and become empowered with your iPad and Sphero.
The Sphero and associated apps are developing quickly, becoming more relevant to teachers and students. I will help you navigate their new world and possible workflows.
Information For The Deep Dive Sphero Event:
When - 18th November 2021 10am -3pm
Where - National Gallery, London
Cost - £265.00pp - Discount available for two teachers from the same school
Details - Lunch is included, bring your own device we will provide Spheros
To book a place, please email Oscar Stringer using the link firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact Oscar Stringer on 07974 764849 or email email@example.com